Monday, February 11, 2013

Gluten Free breakfast ??

Thats right ! 
So for those who do not follow me on my other social networking sites.... My husband and I have gone gluten free on as much as we can .
I do not have to go gluten free , but in wanting to support my husband with this new diet I wanted to join him . It can be hard to do since its everywhere you turn theres gluten in almost everything . 



So this morning (sunday 2/10/13) we went to Whole Foods to do some shopping .  

I already own a gluten free cook book that I got from
 Barns & Noble,  but it didnt have any breakfast related recipes . So all of last week I had eyed a gluten free cook book at Whole Foods.

We decided to finally pick it up since it had a section for breakfast . 



The book was about $20 at Whole Foods






The Bob's Red Mill line, We were told by someone jacob knows who also is a gluten free eater that its great stuff . 
While we were at the store talking to an employee , a woman next to me said she had been gluten free for about the last 20 years. So she also was giving her recommendations to us.








The recipe called for blueberries buuuut we went with black ;) 
we're rebelling hahah 






The gang














Can't forget the bacon !
I think this is the cleanest and easiest way of cooking the bacon.







The batter smelled yummy ... I zest-ed a whole lemon 







warmed up the pan with a slab of butter 







The batter was a little thick so I had to play with it a little 







Don't they look yummy ?!?









The syrup that we used was also gluten free. 




Finished product =) we each got 3 griddle cakes out of this batch . I of course had to have my green juice to wash it all down with . 


Thanks for stopping by!! 
<3 


IG : Skinnyglam 

No comments:

Post a Comment