Saturday, April 21, 2012

Little get away

So one weekend Jacob and I thought we needed a break and take a little weekend away. We decided on going to Napa ( wine country ). I was supper excited to go because I had never been there. I felt like I had been the only one out of everyone we knew who hadn't gone yet. 
It was such a fun trip for us, well I think more so me because I had never been so Jacob was showing me around. AND we bought ticket to check out a dairy farm because I have this weird love for cows hah
I don't know why....Well I kind of have an idea why. I think it started about 6 years ago someone I knew started calling me moocow because I eat a ton and cant gain any weight. So anywho , with going on the dairy farm you get to see the baby cows and milk a cow!! I was beyond excited for this.  
You have no clue, I was like a little kid .  
So anywho w/the dairy farm we did some wine tastings ( took a tour of Andretti winery) kinda just enjoyed ourselves and walked around downtown Napa exploring .  
Oh and before I forget to mention we are as you can see by my past posts we are total foodies. We asked the awesome concierge where she recommend we eat for dinner so then , she set us up a reservation and off to dinner we went . Let me just say if you are ever in Napa you HAVE ... HAVE to go to Celedon !!
BEST place we have ever eaten at ! holy smokes! MMMM mmmmm I'm drooling just thinking about it . 
Alrighty, then on our way home we stopped off at THE Jelly Belly Factory !!! =D another 1st time for me also . We did the tour there also , which was pretty cool . We got to see the making of the jelly beans from start to finish . Along the way we got to sample some. before we started the tour they have a like sampling counter you could try some good flavors AND some of the omg what were they thinking ones hah!!
So I told Jacob if he tried a yucky one that I would . oh bad idea !! 

Alrighty I guess ill stop here with me blabbing and let you guys see some of the photos =) 
Enjoy !! 


 
1st drink of the trip . yummy 




View from our balcony, the hotel has their own winery in the back . 









It was sucking on my hands ! 






















I want one !  



We're part of the club now hah







BEST PLACE EVVVVEER!!!






Port infused figs with goat cheese incrusted in macadamia nuts AMAZING!!!







His dinner


My dinner . I think I said oh my gosh with every bite hah



Was hoping he'd be there hah . He sometimes is . 



Toured Mr. Mario Andretti's winery 












Tour guide . He was great . 











My 1st time eating at Hog Island Co.






Back from dinner =)


I loved our bathroom area 





JELLY BELLY FACTORY!!!



Worst idea EVER !! haha











1 comment:

  1. Just watched "How it's Made" and they showed the Jelly Belly's, Love those! How could you not try "Barf" LOL :)

    http://pinktrixxi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete