Saturday, April 7, 2012

easy peasy dinner

So I wanted this to be a quick post something I could do really fast and post . But then I ended up turning it into a 2 part deal . What we had for dinner one night and then what I turned it into for left overs the next night. Great way to save on $$ , making something new with the old. 

So my husband and I went to one of our fav stores Whole Foods.
 ( Its just as dangerous as Target LOL!! )

Going in not knowing what we wanted for dinner we circled the store and then we came across the meat counter and took a look at what they had. We decided on some chicken that was pre marinated and on some skewers . I pan fried these up real quick a few mins on each side till they were cooked through . 



For myself I need some sort of green with my dinner and something my husband will eat .  So  I oven roasted some brussel sprouts with some olive oil with salt and pepper to taste. 






Then for something to eat with the chicken and to dip the sprouts in my husband and I wipped up this garlic aioli . If you can try to make this a night a head . It gives all the flavors a chance to "marry" . 

we used :

Mayo ( about 4-5 tb )
Olive Oil ( 1-2 tsp )
Salt ( to taste )
Pepper ( to taste )
Minced garlic ( 3-4 minced cloves ) 
Lemon Juice ( 2 tbs )
Cayenne Pepper  ( to taste )
Seasoning salt ( to taste ) 













 Night #2 something new with the old 

For the next nigh I wanted us to use up the chicken so that it didn't get lost in the fridge then go back and it went bad then waste of food. So on my way home I stopped off at the store and picked up some tortillas . I figured we could whip up some wraps and call it a night . Easy peasy lemon squeazy hah . 





I had Jacob chop up the left over chicken so that I could saute them in the pan to warm them up . 







I took the left over aioli and spread it on the tortillas 


and placed the warmed up chicken on top and rolled away 


Placed them in the same pan that I warmed up the chicken in 


and TADAAAA dinner is served ! 





Happy eating !! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment